Sep 16 2013
Well finally: a one-step, fail-proof way to take away the day. (Followed by moisturizer, sure, but even if you skipped the moisturizer every once in awhile, your skin won’t be too upset).
Shu Uemura’s cleansing oils ($67+). I have the pink one. I love it. Oh let me count the ways:
1. Waterproof mascara stands no chance. Yup, I use the Maybelline Falsies every once in awhile. Fantastic mascara for big ol’ lashes. Terrible mascara to remove. Shu’s cleansing oil does the trick.
2. The moisturized feeling. It’s a cleansing oil (what?!)! Yup, an oil. It leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized as opposed to taut and tight. I have combination skin with the bottom of my jaw always in a perpetual state of dryness. This helps it immensely.
3. The smell, the texture, the ease of use, the packaging, the pump design, etc. I could go on.
Ways I don’t love it:
1. The price. It’s definitely a little pricey for a face wash, but aren’t we worth a splurge every once in awhile? Yes. The answer is yes. :)
2. Poor travel companion. While the bottle twists to an “off” position, it still has a tendency to leak. Since it’s an oil, it’s not the most pleasant cleanup. For travel, best to go with a makeup removing wipe.
So, what do you think? What do you splurge your makeup dollars on?
P.S. If you do end up buying the cleansing oil, I suggest watching this video on how to properly use it. Note: 4 pumps seems excessive. 2-3 is plenty for me.